Wednesday, February 13, 2008

my favorite banana bread


My husband has been bugging me to make banana bread. It is one of his favorite things. He actually has been complaining because I have been making zucchini bread lately. For two reasons, I haven't had any bananas to make banana bread with because they have all been eaten, and I have bags and bags and more bags of zucchini in the freezer from our garden. (I won't be planting zucchini this year) So if anyone has a good recipe for shredded zucchini they would like to share, it would be fun to try something other than zucchini bread with it. Anyways, back to the banana bread. I have to say that I have quite the banana bread skills, everytime I make this bread it just gets better, tonights is definitely the best, I think it may be because I beat the eggs in a little longer than usual. So it's now past midnight and I just finished eating my third piece of bread, is that bad to admit? Oh well, it's delish, and what is better than a warm piece of banana bread that the top crust is a little bit crunchy because it hasn't had time to absorb the moisture from the bread yet? Nothing I say! So here is the recipe, it came from
The Lion House cookbook, it is our families favorite, it always gets gobbled up!



Banana Nut Bread

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed banana
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts



Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, add bananas, milk and lemon juice. Sift all the dry ingredients, add nuts.

Bake in greased & floured 8x4x3 pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350.

0 comments: