Monday, February 4, 2008

My favorite dinner


Look! I'm spending even more time at the computer. Since I was on the computer so long today, I had to make a fast dinner, but this also happens to be my favorite too, so I thought I would share it with you, not that it is anything that no one has had before.

My husband was a vegetarian for quite some time, I had to basically learn to cook again. It was actually alot of fun, and we ate lots of very delish food, he will eat chicken and fish now, and on the very rare occasion red meat. I was very glad that I could cook chicken and fish again. Anyways, that time in our lives changed the way we eat a few things, one of which is tacos.


My version of tacos

Canned black or pinto beans (you could also cook some of your own if you were ambitious)

Ground Turkey (if I don't have this on hand we just skip it)

Whatever spices you like to cook your taco meat with (I just use taco seasoning)

GARNISHES: Tomato, onion, cilantro, spinach, radishes, olives, green onion, sour cream, hot sauce, salsa, shredded cheese (The best is in the summer when I can go out to my garden and pick alot of these things)

I heat up the beans, cook the ground turkey, and put whatever garnishes on, sometimes I only have a few of the garnishes on hand, sometimes I have them all, but it is always delish!

If I have time, I will make Spanish rice too, that is also good thrown in your taco.

0 comments: