Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sewing slump!


For the past few weeks I have not really felt like sewing. I don't know if it is because I have been sick, or just maybe I needed a break from sewing, or maybe I have been spending too much time online, or maybe a combination of all. It is frustrating me so very much. I am going to try making myself and my children some things since it has been awhile since I have. I'm hoping this will help to get me excited about sewing again. Not that sewing is not exciting, one minute you have a piece of fabric and then you cut it, sew it, and you have something cool and useful. So my next few posts will probably be about what I have been creating for myself or my children. So last night I made myself a skirt, it turned out really cool I think. This fabric came from a bedspread that I bought at Urban Outfitters in the clearance section for $5 and the trim on the bottom was thrifted. Maybe this sewing for myself thing will get me out of this slump!

1 comments:

Becky J. said...

ok. no garage sale. it is going to be 40 for the HIGH! yikes. maybe in a couple of weeks. cute skirt. i am not so daring as to make myself things. just quilts.