Friday, August 22, 2008

My Day


First, I made this cake for my cousin, I love the way it turned out. And it matched one of my new vintage tablecloths perfectly.

Here's a closeup of the top, I thought it looked cool.

Then, after I delivered the cake, I went to one of my favorite thrift stores and scored a ton of cool vintage ties. I have been looking and looking for cool ties to make a tie skirt for myself.
My husband is going to keep a couple to wear as intended though. Then, here is the most delish dinner, cottage cheese with vegies from my garden: Tiny orange tomatoes ( these are my favorite, they are like candy to me), cucumbers, bell pepper, and chives, and a bit of freshly ground salt and pepper. I was in heaven.
I even found some time to clean up my house a bit and get a couple sewing projects done. After I read my kids some books and get them to bed, I'm going to plug in a movie and do some more sewing for the Salt Lake Farmer's Market tomorrow!
Oh! Another great thing about today, my Husband took the day off to start the fence that I have been asking him to build for like a year! So, the almost 100 year old fence, (which is more like old chicken wire) is out, and we are now getting ready for the new fence. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my gosh Amy, I'm worn out just reading your blog... That cake is really amazing...

nikki/WhiMSy love said...

That cake is lovely!!! And I love vintage ties too!! You got some cool ones! (Although I don't think I could get away with wearing a tie skirt. I'm sure you'll look adorable!)