Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nie Nie Day Auction

One of the first times I heard about Stephanie and Christian Neilsen was from this post. I was in tears, I don't know the Nielsens, I hadn't even come across Stephanie's blog until after their tragic accident. Learn more about it here.
It has been awesome reading about the faith, strength, and support of Stephanie's Family. And I am amazed at what great support can come from this blogging world, I am in awe.

All I have been able to think about is if something like this was to happen to my family, I know we would need tons of support to get through it. So I felt I needed to share some love and support for the Nielsen Family. So I am having an auction for Nie Nie Day. You can go to
Design Mom to see a list of people also having auctions for Nie.
All the proceeds will go directly to the Nielsen family to help them pay for medical expenses and household expenses during their recovery.
First, here's the rules:
The auction will remain open until Sunday August 31st at midnight Mountain Standard Time
Only bid in dollar increments ($1, $5, $10, you get the point)
Leave your email in your comment, so that I can contact you
I will pay the shipping cost
Once I announce the highest bidder, they will donate the decided amount directly to Stephanie & Christian's Paypal account and then forward me the confirmation. (I have the link to donate in my sidebar) Then I will send it out!
Here's what I am auctioning: A Pillowcase style girly shirt/tunic/dress and a matching flower ponytail holder. All handmade with love by me. (Valued at $24) The shirt is 16" from the neckline to the hem. The shoulder ties are adjustable. It would work as a dress for a 12 month old, or a shirt for up to a 5 or 6 year old, maybe even older depending on the size of the child. My daughter in the picture is 4 years old if that helps give you an idea of the fit. In the summer, it is perfect as is, in colder weather, it looks so cute with a shirt underneath or a sweater and some leggings!
HAPPY BIDDING! and "Let's get spendy" as Gabrielle of Design Mom said to help out this beautiful family!


5 comments:

Amy said...

I would like to start the bidding out at $10.

Tami Kate said...

$15 tamikatehodges@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

$20

Rosalie said...

$30!

Anonymous said...

$72 firstblast@yahoo.com