Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yo -Yos and a scenic drive

I saw a cute little girls shirt with yo-yos all over the top of it somewhere ( I of course can't remember where) I just had to make a version of my own for my girls and here it is, I think it turned out pretty darn cute! And the cost? Less than $5 each! I found the white tank at The Children's Place outlet in Park City for $3.99. And I think yo-yos are cute, but there is no way that I am going to spend my time making a million of them (okay maybe not a million, but quite a few) So I found them at a sale in packages of 25 and they were 3 packages for $1, how can you go wrong with that? This past weekend, the husband and I had some time for ourselves, a kindof mini vacation. Our kids were with my mother-in-law (Mickey Nana to our kids because she is obsessed with Mickey Mouse or anything Disney for that matter) Anyways, on Sunday we decided to not go to church ( I know, I know, we are going to hell) :)ha-ha! Instead, we drove up to Park City to go to the Park Silly Sunday Market where we both found some really cool leather cuff bracelets, had some wicked good lemonade, and strolled around looking at cool handmade stuff. And went to the Park City outlet mall. My kind of day!

Here's my cool new cuff, the girl that made it said it is the willows and the dragonflies.
And now for the scenic drive, you must excuse the pictures though, they were with my phone from inside the car. So, we didn't know this, but the way we would normally get home (which is I-80 westbound for those of you who know Utah) was closed for construction. Which is lame because I thought it was supposed to close at 4 p.m. on Sunday, but anywho, we got to take a very long detour home from Park City, through Heber Valley and out the canyon to Orem, to explain for those of you not in Utah, that is going really far south, to have to go back even further north. I would say about a 1 1/2 hour detour or so. We did see lots of pretty mountains, a waterfall and some lakes, and we went to IKEA on the way home, so it wasn't too bad:)

That was part of our adventuring for the weekend!

1 comments:

* elizabeth * said...

Sounds like a great day. And I love yo-yos!
And I'm from Ma so I love that you say 'wicked'!