Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New love and soup

I have a new found love for funky socks, have you looked at the socks at Target lately? Lots of funky fresh, funky cool socks:)

I had other dinner plans for last night, but when I saw my oldest when I picked her up after school, and she was walking around Wal-mart with me like a zombie girl because she didn't feel good from a cold (on top of allergies) I decided to make some Chicken noodle soup. Soup has got to be one of the easiest things ever to make. So here's how I made mine, and I just kindof winged it, and it turned out delish.

8 cups of chicken broth ( I buy the organic broth from Costco and it took two containers)
2 cups of pasta, (I just used what I had on hand)
one carrot sliced
2 sticks of celery sliced
at least one cup of cut up cooked chicken (I probably used more, I didn't measure)
I also added about 1/8 of a cup of red lentils just because I felt like it.

First I cooked the chicken, it doesn't really matter how, I just baked mine with some seasoning and a bit of olive oil in the oven.
Bring the broth to a boil, add the noodles, carrots, celery, and lentils, cook until the noodles are done, about halfway through, I added the cooked chicken.
I added a bit of fresh ground salt and pepper, and that's it!

And I had a yummy meal to feed to our three girls with colds, and it was gobbled up!


3 comments:

Emily said...

Cute socks! I like funky socks as well. Question for you... do you have any costume jewelry? Specifically broaches? Or do you know where I can find some? For my How To Tuesday I want to use some on some gifts as a little decoration. See this link to know what I am talking about:

http://mysparkle.blogspot.com/2008/11/brown-paper-packages_10.html

I figured you would be the one to ask!

Thanks

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

i keep meaning to make soup but putting it off - yours looks really yummy.

great socks too!

Anonymous said...

Hi there how are you? I was looking through your blog after a profile search and foud your site interesting to me.

I would like to invite you to visit my art blog here in San Diego. I like to use music videos and different labels to show my style.

I hope to see you soon...