Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Date Night

image via your heart out

The hubby and I had a great night out last night. First we went to Sammy's where they have delish food, I had a Chicken Poly Sandwich and batter dipped fries with fry sauce. For those of you not in Utah and probably never heard of fry sauce, you don't know what you are missing, there are variations, but it is basically ketchup and mayo mixed together. Then to end our meal we had an oreo cream pie shake, yes I said pie shake, they put a slice of oreo cream pie in our shake, it was delish!


Sammy’s Cafe

27 N. 100 West

Provo, Utah


After dinner, we went to the Mindy Gledhill / Thrillionares Nie Nie Benefit concert.

It was amazing, the Thrillionares are an improv singing group, they are hilarious.

Mindy Gledhill has such a beautiful voice, to be honest I hadn't heard much of her music before going, she made a fan out of me. One of my favorite songs she sang was about Christian and Stephanie, so beautiful. I came home with her Feather in the Wind album which I am listening to now. I saw Nie's family there, what an amazing family. Nie's two beautiful daughters even got on stage and sung a song with Mindy.

Truly amazing, I laughed, I cried, and was very uplifted. As Casey and I were leaving we talked about how good it made us feel, I loved it! One of the best date nights. ever.



5 comments:

* elizabeth * said...

pie shake!? Have two other amazing words ever come together?

Domestic Ambitions said...

I'm so jealous! I bet the concert was amazing! I wish I lived closer. I follow cjane and nie nie so much that they have become celebrities to me and at the same time I feel like I know them like friends. Wierd, I guess! I bet it was great seeing them!

Kendra said...

That sounds fun! I love the look of that restaurant. Very cute.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

What fun! I'm glad we don't live nearby--my hubby would be there ALL the time for an oreo pie shake! We would go broke!

I got my charm pack today! Thanks! Love them!

Amy said...

Ooh, a pie shake? That sounds delicious!