Saturday, February 28, 2009

I HATE patterns


I made myself this shirt that I like alot. I didn't like making it though. I am not good with patterns, I hate matching notches, and circles and all that. Plus, the sizing on them are retarded, at least the patterns I've tried, I went by the sizing it told me to and it was HUGE!

I took in the sides a bit, and gathered the front together a bit more, to get rid of some of the hugeness, and added a button.
I really, really hate patterns, did I mention this? :)

2 comments:

dana said...

That's so nice to hear because I HATE patterns too. It's not that I can't read it....but mostly, as I'm sewing, I'm thinking "this looks to big here", or "that's gonna turn out weird" there...and whatdaya know, it usually does. I'm glad you made your shirt work!
I just finished a dress about 2 minutes ago! (no pattern) and though it took some time to figure out what I wanted where, it prob didn't take much longer than searching for a pattern, cutting out all those blasted pieces of paper and then keeping on task with the instructions.

Okay, I'm done rambling. CUTE shirt!
I like the added button.

Anonymous said...

What pattern did you use, it's super cute!