Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Homemade Samoas


Yes, these are homemade girl scout cookies. I made them last night, and they are delish! I really can't tell you how happy I was to find this Samoa recipe. Let's just say finances have been super tight and I have been feeling sorry for myself that I didn't have any money to buy girl scout cookies. Solution? Make them myself! I do have one tip if you decide to try these, the recipe says chocolate chips are okay to use for dipping the bottoms in, and that is what I used because I already had some. I would definitely buy good chocolate if you can, it melts alot better than chocolate chips and you won't be "icing" the bottom of your cookies with the chocolate like I did, you'll actually be able to dip them.

3 comments:

* elizabeth * said...

Aaah! Who doesn't love Samoas!? THankyouthankyouthankyou for linking to this recipe! I love you forever! haha!

dana said...

WOW. Didn't know this recipe existed! I will be trying it, for sure.

Fun to see your banner pic on Grosgrain. I concur, it's one of my favorite pics too.

You're famous! :)

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Samoas are my favorite! Thanks for linking to this recipe. I will try it for sure (I always buy more Girl Scout Cookies than I can really afford...)