Friday, March 27, 2009

Yummy


Fruit Salsa +


Cinnamon Chips = Delish

Now go make your own!
Cinnamon Chips:
Flour tortillas and cinnamon sugar

Heat oven to 400*F
using a pizza cutter, cut tortillas into wedges, I had the large tortillas and I didn't think to keep track of how many I used, if it were me I would make alot because even if you run out of salsa, the chips will be eaten by hungry kiddlings or yourself :) If you have a pizza stone then I would use that to bake the chips on if not, just a cookie sheet will do. Place in a single layer on your stone or cookie sheet and you can spritz them just a bit with water, or you can wash your hands really good like I did and just get a small bowl of water and dip your fingertips in it and then flick it around all the chips (how do you like that explanation?) Then just sprinkle cinnamon sugar on them and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. (it took me a few batches before I had as many chips as I wanted)

Fruit Salsa:
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1 kiwi. peeled and chopped
1 small orange
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons apple jelly ( I used apple butter)

For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples (I would would recommend using an apple peeler/corer/slicer, if you don't have one, I promise you want one!) Then chop them up and put them in a small mixing bowl. Slice the strawberries, if you have an egg slicer, that works perfectly. Chop Kiwi. Zest and juice orange into bowl. Then add the brown sugar and apple butter and mix gently.

Now, Enjoy!

4 comments:

dana said...

Oh wow. That looks way too good.
Love the new blog banner.

amylouwhosews said...

I think I will have this for dinner!

j. said...

that looks delicious! i don't know if i can find apple butter...any suggestions for a substitute?

and, i wanted to tell you that i've been listening to your playlist for 2 days straight. usually i just automatically pause music that people have on their blogs, but the other day a really good song started off the playlist, so i popped it out into a separate tab and just let it play behind all my other windows. thank you, it's fabulous!!

* elizabeth * said...

LOVE the new banner!
And this post makes me itchy for spring! I can't wait for the first farmer's market!