Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's finished! It's finished!


The candy dish quilt is done! I am absolutely in love with it. This is the first quilt that I have finished to keep for myself.


Here's the back, I used a vintage sheet with a strip from another vintage sheet to make it wide enough.


Then we had to try it out!

And Happy Father's Day!
Father's Day for us has been a bit different, Casey was at Scout Camp this week. Our Bishop called this morning to inform us that two of the boys at the campsite right next to Casey's had swine flu. Casey was asked to stay home from church as a precaution. We decided to hang out at home for Father's Day instead of possibly infecting our families. So I made a yummy dinner and homemade ice cream!
None of us feel sick, and we are taking extra vitamins, and are praying that we stay healthy!
Pretty crazy though!

10 comments:

Becky J. said...

that darn flu. does that mean you have to quarentine yourself just in case and sew the whole time? hee hee.

Barefoot Studios Ok, LLC said...

I LOVE this quilt!!!

Alice said...

I love this quilt too!! I want to make one. I love the colors, and design, and the back and well just about everything about it.

Emily said...

Impressive that you're done..and impressive end result! Love the pic of you and your girls :)

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful and so cozy. Congrats on finishing. Mine is still just a top.

* elizabeth * said...

AWESOME quilt! And a great shot of you and your girls. We'll be praying that no one gets swine flu over there!

Dana said...

LOVE THAT QUILT!!!

Stay healthy!

whoopdedoo_5 said...

soooo darn cute! great work!

amylouwhosews said...

ahhhh, the quilt looks lovely! I really need to get going on my quilting. I seem to be procrastinating a bit!

Anonymous said...

Your girls look just like you! Such a cute family, and the quilt is lovely too.