Thursday, July 30, 2009

Handmade baby shower invitations


Along with some of the other things that have been keeping me busy, I am planning a baby shower for my sister-in-law. Today I made the invitations, aren't they cute? Thanks I thought so too :)


I didn't even have to purchase a thing. I used cardstock I had on hand, cut out circles of fabric for the flower, stitched them down, drew a flower stem and leaf with a sharpie, and then used my kid's watercolor paints to paint the leaves.

Not only do I get the fun of planning a party, but I get to be excited for them as well. My brother and sister-in-law were told they wouldn't be able to have children, they were even beginning to look into adoption, and then a miracle happened and now they are expecting in September! Yay!

7 comments:

Walden said...

congrats to them! The invitations are cute.

Unknown said...

Flowers are great, look good on tote bags......... Kx

rebecs said...

these area adorable!

mommymae said...

those invitations are adorable!

dana said...

Adorable! Really fun to see them all together like that.

Rafael's Mum said...

They are lovely, you are so inventive!

Delilah said...

Those are so cute! Great work!