Monday, October 5, 2009

Startup Princess

I'm not sure why it took me so long to post these pictures, maybe because I look pretty silly with a piece of hair flying above my head. Pictured from left to right: Annie (she makes the most cutest headbands), Heather Bailey, Becky (she makes cute stuffed animals and such), and Me.
About a month ago I attended a Startup Princess conference.


Heather Bailey was one of the speakers, and she was my favorite.


We even got silly pictures of us taken with her.



I got a little teary eyed when she spoke about coming up with her idea for trash ties.


Heather also talked about everyone having their own "special sauce"
I loved hearing her speak and meeting her in person, she is very sweet and genuine.
Going to this conference made me think alot about where I am headed with my business.
Really what it comes down to for me, is this: I sew and create things for fun, as a hobby. It is great that I can make some money at it, but I don't want it to become so big that I have to hire other people to help me. I am proud that I have created everything that I sell, and I am even happier that I can do it from home so that I can be around when my children need me.

1 comments:

pamela said...

Heather Bailey was really fun to meet. Great photos!