Friday, November 13, 2009

Sew and tell!

I'm joining in Amy's sew and tell today!
I am so excited to share Sage's quilt top that I finished! I used this tutorial from Cluck cluck Sew. Sage picked out all the fabrics herself from my stash. I love how it turned out! Now I have to get working on the back, and I think I am going to pay to have this one quilted, I'm not sure if I want to tackle a quilt this big.
By the way, my neighbor's probably thought I was strange, to get this picture (before it started to rain yesterday) I laid it out on the grass in front of our house and climbed up on the porch railing :)
I also wanted to share a Christmas present that I started last night because I am just dying over how stinkin awesome it is going to be. I am making lap quilts for my 3 girls, out of my very favoritest vintage linens, I am talking the vintage linens that I have been collecting for years now and not had the guts to cut into. I am cutting 6 1/2 inch squares and each quilt is going to have 16 different yummy prints in it, in each girl's favorite colors. This one is for the blue and purple loving Kinsley.


25 comments:

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

I love your quilts and your new blog banner (and button)! Really cute!!

Sarah Pead said...

Absolutely beautiful! Those vintage linen quilts are going to be uber-cuddly! Did I just say "uber?" What am I, 16?

Jessie said...

LOVE the vintage!!! I can't wait to see all three of them!!

Evelyn said...

Oh, I love the vintage squares! I have so many of those in my own collection. In fact, I just found that purple one yesterday (my first purple sheet *ever*!). It's so fun seeing them put together. Lovely!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Your sew and tell is fantastic! Both quilts are really beautiful and the colors are great.

Diane said...

These are both stink'n cute. they are lovely!

Sara said...

Oh, I am really wild about both of those quilts...You did a very nice job!

Molly said...

I love both! These are wonderful quilts! I just went to see my mom and she has a TON of vintage sheets...I'm going to have to raid her stash! :)
~Molly

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

I love how your top turned out too:-)

Karen said...

What a wonderful use of your vintage fabrics. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilts.
Sage's quilt looks very yummy. It has given me an idea for some eye spy fabric squares I have left over from another quilt.

Susan said...

Oh, wow! I love both of these quilts, they are so nice! Thanks for the link to the tute, too.

*adds yet ANOTHER project to the must-do list* lol

Becky J. said...

they are both so cute! great job. they will love it- i am sure.

amylouwhosews said...

LOVE it!! It turned out so cute! And your vintage lap quilts are going to be awesome!!

By the way - i like the new blog design! (is it new? I've been reading in my reader a lot.)

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

this looks great

Jocelyn said...

Wow, really cool! Great job. The lap quilts are going to be so cute.

Heather said...

Both quilts are awesome! And I know what it took for you to cut into those vintage linens! But it will all be worth it in the end. The quilts will be so great. ;o)

SueWis said...

Beautiful! And the vintage fabrics couldn't be cuter. What a treasure the fabrics are but even more so made into quilts!

Leslie said...

oh your vintage lap quilt is so pretty and the top you finished is stunning. i see so many fabrics that i absolutely love,

Unknown said...

Oh, I just love your quilts! Lucky girls!!

Pokey said...

Both are beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

QuiltyBee said...

I'm proud of you for using these fabrics--no reason to hoard them, every reason to share them with your beloveds. And I love your banner, too.

Catherine said...

Absolutely beautiful quilts. I LOVE the fabrics for both of these quilts. Awesome job!

Nina... said...

Both of those quilts are stunning! You do beautiful work..keep it up!

Rene' said...

Both of those quilts are gorgeous. Love the pattern of the first one. The vintage linens and other fabrics are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Carla said...

Love it! I've been known to do some weird things to get a picture of a project. Thanks for sharing.