Thursday, January 14, 2010

Various quilting related things

I don't know what is wrong with me in that I just keep adding things to my to do list. I decided to play along with the Block Party quilt along. These six blocks are for the first tutorial the friendship star block. I am using some fat quarters of Nicey Jane and some solids that I had in my stash, we'll see how far it gets me :)

And I finally got around to taking pictures of all of the quilts I made for my girls for Christmas. All made out of vintage linens in their favorite colors, that I have been collecting the past few years. This one is Kinsley's she loves blue and purple.

Jade loves pink and orange.


Sage loves green and pink.
I am so pleased with how they turned out, I love a simple patchwork quilt and I love vintage linens. Putting the two together, I heart these quilts alot!




10 comments:

Becky J. said...

i love the quilts!! so cute. i sooo understand about adding more things to the list...so much to have fun with...so little time :)

Bonus Mom said...

The quilts are beautiful!!! I love using my sheet collection for quilts :) I bet your daughters LOVED them!

Molly said...

Gorgeous! I love them! :)

Tracy said...

Yes, the quilts are beautiful! I have a great collection of vintage linens. I just haven't been able to cut into them yet. I've wanted to make a family quilt with some of them. Thanks for inspiring me to just do it :)

Lise said...

Those quilts are wonderful! Now you've added something to my to-do list!

Debi said...

The quilts are lovely. Your girls are lucky to have such special gifts made by their mom.

Anna said...

wow! the quilts are SOOOO beautiful! I love the colors your girls chose, very pretty! I'm sure they love them

* elizabeth * said...

they look perfect! and I'm loving those blocks.

Evelyn said...

Oh, my goodness, how I love those three quilts!! They are just lovely, and I'm sure your girls will cherish them.

Leah said...

Love the colour variations, youve done an amazing job. Ive come over from vinatge sheet blog and have been flicking through your blog. AWESOME...have put you on my fav's.
Hugs Leah