Friday, May 28, 2010

Flowers and fabric and skirts, oh my!

I've been admiring the pretty flowers around our home, we have some amazing rose bushes.


I don't know what these are, but they just pop up at the bottom of the fence along part of our driveway, I think they are sweet.

I've also been admiring a new stack of fabric. I don't think I could ever get sick of pictures of pretty fabric.


For the past two days I have been making skirts, getting ready for the Bijou Market next Saturday.
I also found out that I am not going to be able to set up at the Salt Lake Farmer's Market, last year I set up on the south end of Pioneer Park which wasn't technically part of the Farmer's Market, I just had to have a permit from the city. But they changed things this year so I can't set up there. I was a little sad, but really it's a relief, I had been trying to decide whether or not to do it again this year or take a break. So a break it is!
I hope you have a lovely weekend!




9 comments:

Elissa said...

i think those white flowers may be "star of david"??

been poking around you site a bit. really lovely pics (how DO you girls all get such big photos out of blogger??) and fabulous things you make! that fabric is so yummy!

Joanna said...

Gorgeous fabrics! I'm glad to see the quilting bug has bitten you lol! So sad you won't be at the Farmer's market this year - the kids and I are coming to SLC for the month of July and I was going to come see your booth! Are you doing any other shows in July?

Kimberly Cherrine-Bell aka. greenhoneyhive said...

Amy what are they doing with the artists this year? Not at the Farmers Market at all? If Not what day of the week or venue will the be doing the artist market?

Amy said...

There will still be artists there, you just had to apply for it, and I didn't find out I couldn't set up on the south end until it was too late to apply. I was one of the artists that had an artist and entertainers license and I would set up on the south end of the park, which wasn't affiliated with the actual farmers's market. If that makes any sense at all. Next year I will probably apply to be in it.

Kimberly Cherrine-Bell aka. greenhoneyhive said...

If you decide to apply next year and you don't want to do it each week...I would be very interested in applying with you to do every other week or if we meet and like each other maybe you would consider sharing a space and take turns each week manning the booth for each other and selves....I don't think I could handle every week so i have avoided trying to apply but every other week and a shared booth might be a perfect fit for each other.....Anyway i know we don't know each other but give it a thought? Might be a mutual benefit to both of us without the restricting time shcedule so we could both still spend weekends with family? Let me know?

renee' said...

I'm so glad I came across this blog. Great work and a feast for the eyes. Well done. Renee'

Becky J. said...

cute skirts! farmer's market is a lot of work.... and whatever about the break! how many shows are coming up? :)

emily sparks said...

so cute! hope to see you there:)!

AngelaFCrespo said...

those flowers that popped up under your fence, they're saying 'hello!' :D maybe it's good luck? :)