Wednesday, May 19, 2010

thrifting, this, and that

Recent thrift finds: an awesome yellow lace tablecloth, a couple vintage silk scarfs, some grey yarn, some bias binding, doilies, and a couple slips.

My favorite being this Vera scarf.

Kinsley has been making finger knitted garlands, she was sitting in the kitchen while I was on the computer and I looked over at her and I had to have this picture, she is so cute doing crafty things, it makes me proud.

Amongst other projects, I have been working on a Mystery Quilt from the Patchwork Posse group I am a member of. It's kindof exciting not really knowing what the quilt is going to look like when it's done.
Now I am off to do laundry, and finish sewing projects to prepare for the Bijou Market on June 5th!



2 comments:

Sydney said...

Just curious about what you are going to do with the bias binding. I recently found several packages for 5 cents each at the thrift store and picked them up but haven't figured out what I'll use it for just yet.

poppyart said...

beautiful scarves... they are like the ones my mum wore when she was a supercool young woman. often wrapped around her head. fab!