Friday, November 5, 2010

Yellow leaves and scrap vomit


I've been wanting to take a picture of our tree in the front yard before it turns any more brown, I think it is beautiful.



photo by imagingermonkey

And I will let you know how crazy I am. I saw this quilt on flickr a few months ago and loved it. Isn't it amazing?
Now, Katy is doing a quilt along.
So, last night I pulled out my huge bag of scraps and started cutting. Casey laughed at all the scraps I had :) Now, let me explain a little about how much I have on my to do list at the moment: I need to get caught up for the past two months for quilting bee blocks, I need to write up a tutorial for a soon to be guest post, and I have a ginormous list of things to get done for upcoming holiday shows. There is not time for me to be cutting up what seemed like a million 2.5" squares. Well, I did it anyways, I needed some time to do something for me :)


So now I have all 965 scrap squares cut out. And my scraps are much more manageable now :) I still need to get some black and blue cut, but I'll save that for another time.

4 comments:

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Love that quilt! With your piles of squares you are well on your way to your own quilt like that!

Agata z magicznego atelier said...

wow :) it will be so beautiful :)

Janet McKinney said...

OMG - did you see that everyone of those 9x9 squares is exactly the same!

poppyart said...

this is going to be fantastic. good one!