Friday, January 28, 2011

shaky, nervous, excited and scared oh my!

So, I just got home from taking my application to the post office. My application to Midway Swiss Days. This is big people. Like a show that I am guessing will be at least five times what my biggest show is. And I thought my biggest show was big. I tried many times to talk myself out of it, I had many excuses. But I made myself do it. I told myself you only live once, and you know that if you don't try at least once you will be sad. So I did it, and now I have to wait and see if they think my stuff is cool enough to be at Swiss Days. If I get in I think I might pee my pants a little. And if I don't get in then I guess I won't pee my pants, and that will be okay.

And just in case, I am going to start preparing like a mad women because that is what I am for applying :)


7 comments:

lyndsey @ the stationery place said...

i'm sure they are going to LOVE your stuff -- i'd be surprised if you weren't chosen. and just fyi i did something totally scary today too -- registered for the SLC half marathon, my first race ever. glad to know i'm not the only one putting myself out there :) you're right, you only live once...might as well get out there and try new things.

Debi said...

Good luck! And good for you for going outside your comfort zone!

Rebecca@This Present Life said...

Good for you! What's the worst that could happen? They say no. But what's the BEST that could happen? You sell tons of stuff, get discovered by some really important, influential person who ultimately contributes to your future successes and you make tons of money. Might as well dream big, right? Good luck!

Julie said...

They WILL pick you... your stuff is great! Scary, yes, to take a leap of faith... but you never know until you try... This is something I've been trying to convince myself of as well... I'm not quite there yet... thanks for being a good example for me :D

Anonymous said...

Get busy girl! If they have any sense they are going to love your stuff! When I finish a project I'm doing, I will share with you. You inspired me!

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Good luck! Can't wait to find out if they pick you. I bet they will!

Laurie said...

That is big....good luck....I have always wanted to do that show!!! Lots and Lots of inventory.....you can do it!