Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Here's what I know

 First I know that this pizza was the best pizza I have ever made. It had wheat crust too!  The secret was brushing the crust with olive oil and baking it for a bit before adding the toppings.  Toppings on Casey and my pizza included; caramelized onions, orange pepper, artichokes, and olives, delish!  The kids are a bit boring, we have one that will only eat plain cheese, and the other two had pepperoni and olive.























Now I want to make pizza again! 

Other things I know:
This blog may have more food posts soon, that is if I ever get back into my blogging groove.  
I'll be honest, I haven't really been feeling it lately.  
I am falling in love with cooking again.  I can make some pretty darn good food if I do say so myself.
I have sortof been obsessing about feeding my family healthy, I think it has been paying off though, we haven't been sick in quite some time.  The occasional cold maybe, but nothing major.  Casey even seemed to be coming down with something and I think we may have averted it with the help of essential oils and some cayenne pepper.
Even though I could still make a few more things for my shows this weekend, I am not going to do it.  I made some bags today that still needs their snaps, but after I do that I am done.  I have too many other things to do this week.  I got a call yesterday asking if I would be in charge of decorating one of the teacher's doors for teacher appreciation week, that has to be done on Friday.  We are having two birthday parties for Sage this weekend, one on Friday with friends, and one on Sunday with Family.  So that means I have to clean the house too :)  Good thing it is not in too bad of shape. I do have a ton of laundry though.
I still have to get some details together for Sage's party with friends too.  Is there ever enough time in a day?
I say no.
Let's see what else do I know?  I think I have lost a little weight, maybe because of the obsessing about healthy food.  I was able to put a pair of pants on that awhile ago I couldn't.  Casey and I need to start working out regularly.  We do good for a bit and then don't, it's a cycle.  I really want to lose about 15 lbs. or so, plus it just feels good to work out.   Have I told you it has been probably since last year that I have purchased cereal?  I am pretty proud of it too.  Most of it is just not healthy, too much sugar.  The only cereal I have bought is bran flakes and all bran, mostly to make muffins with, although I bought a box of bran flakes last week to make muffins and my kids ate it all before I was able to make the muffins they were intended for.
Which leads me to, sometimes I can't believe how much food their little bodies can eat.  Alot of times it is more than I eat.  Growing children I guess, piglets I say.
I am rambling on and on today aren't I?  
Even more things I know;
I can't stop listening to Waking Up by One Republic.  
We got our tax return back and I purchased alot of fabric, I'll share pictures soon cause I can't resist a picture of pretty fabric. 
We probably have to buy a new furnace, I just don't feel like dealing with it.  We have been using space heaters for the past month, luckily it hasn't been too bad and there has been times when we haven't needed them on.  I guess since we did get our tax return and have money to either fix it or get a new one I should get on that huh?  Stupid furnace.
The Mall of America with my Mom and Sisters was fun, interesting but fun.  You see, I am the oldest of six kids, then my two brothers are the next oldest, and then I have three sisters.  So I sortof feel like I didn't grow up with my sisters and I am not use to the drama that they have.  Although I can see that same drama in my three girls, oh what am I in for when they are older?
That's probably enough ramblings for now, I have probably lost your interest by now, so thanks if you have read this far :)
So is there anything you know that you feel like sharing?

2 comments:

Lynne said...

All I know is that pizza looks amazing! Mmmm... now I want pizza and it's not even 9am yet!

Sharon L said...

There is nothing better than home made pizza! I changed up the foods we eat about 3 years ago and it has truly made a difference in the way we feel - about our bodies and healthwise. Even the thought of eating processed food and worse, fast food, makes us nauseous. It takes a while to make the total adjustment, just hang in there. It definately pays off. Rambling - I'm guilty!