Thursday, April 24, 2008

The coolest slip dress ever!




I had to make one of these up today, I was too excited. This is what I did with one of the slips that I bought today, it turned out awesome and I can't wait to wear it! It will get even cooler each time I wash it because the fabric I added on the bottom will fray around the edges. It was really easy, I just added lace and fabric around the bottom, the fabric I decided I wanted 3 different prints, so I just sewed rectangles around the bottom. Then I added 3 little flowers with buttons in the center. The top of the dress I added a crochet doily and some lace. The best part of this project is it cost me $4! (Not counting all the things I added because those just came from my stash) Sewing is even more fun when I get to make things for myself! I can't wait to make up the other two, I will share those when I get them done!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Cute! I really like the patchwork at the bottom...

* elizabeth * said...

that came out really great! you're just adorable.