Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cupcakes!

Sorry this picture isn't the best, it was pre digital camera days. This was a "cake" I made for one of my daughters birthdays. I think this is one of the funnest things I have created. The cupcakes are actually sitting on a wedding cake stand that I covered in frosting, sprayed brown and put graham cracker crumbs all over to look like sand. The cupcakes I iced to look like they had waves and then they each had some sort of sea creature on it. Then on top was my favorite, a goldfish in a small fish bowl, I was actually worried the fish might jump out and flop all over the cupcakes, luckily it didn't. I also added seaweed looking plants and seashells and candy rocks. Do you like the nice wallpaper on the wall? Not mine, it's my parents and happily they have changed it since:)

2 comments:

Bonus Mom said...

Love the live fish touch! Glad you added the wallpaper disclaimer, I seriously was like "are those her walls?". LOL I had to do a lot of wallpaper removal at my old house, so I thought what a job!

Lene said...

That is such a great idea. I love the live fish. I think I might have to start trying to talk my son into a "Under the Sea" birthday.