Friday, June 6, 2008

Thrifting splurge

The reason I wasn't around yesterday, was because I listed a bunch of my wedding business inventory online, and got way more response than I had expected, it turned out to consume my entire day yesterday. And WOW was I worn out. So today was splurge day, I think I deserved it after yesterday. So after a church rummage sale, one of my favorite thrift stores (where I scored big), and a really cute antique shop, here are my finds to share with you. Yes, I went a bit overboard, don't judge me :) Pillowcases, a tablecloth, and sheets

3 pairs of vintage earrings to be made into rings or pendants, and 2 really cool vintage necklaces for $2 a piece from the church rummage sale, (which later, at the little antique shop I saw similar necklaces for $18). I felt pretty cool about that.


These were just cool plastic doily things, I think I want to make them into some sort of wall hanging with some vintage fabric or something.

Look at all these cool vintage handkerchiefs! And a few trims! Now these were a bit more of a splurge, but I loved them, the yellow and the red one in the right hand corner, have flocked detailing on them, I thought they were pretty sweet.

One of the coolest slips I have found yet, it is too big for me, but I may try to alter it so it does. Look around the neck, it's all frufy! (sorry that's the only description I can think of)

Oh! Did I mention that since about 12:45 this afternoon I have had no children with me, how often is that when I have time all by myself to do whatever I please with no one else to take care of? Hardly I say, and it is mighty nice. My 3 girls are having a sleepover. What a nice treat. I will get to spend a few hours with the hubby when he gets home from work, and then he has to go to his part time firefighter job till the morning, and I get the whole evening to myself also. Hmmm... What to do, what to do, maybe go to Anthropologie and stroll around, then maybe flip on some tunes or Juno and do some sewing. Have a great day!


2 comments:

Dana said...

Hi Amy!
Sounds (and looks) like you have had a great day. I wish I could watch Juno and sew!

Have a great weekend.

Jessica said...

You made out quite well thrifting! I love all the vintage fabric you found...somehow I never make out that good when thrifting for a day.