Monday, June 9, 2008

A Pillowcase style dress for myself!


I have wanted to make a pillowcase style dress for myself for awhile now, here's what I came up with! I say pillowcase style because I had to make it wider than what a normal pillowcase would be, a normal pillowcase is about 20" wide, I needed it to be 24" wide so it would fit around my hips plus a bit. I decided to just make it funky. All of the fabrics except for the green owl one are thrifted, and they are some of my favorites. I was very pleased with how it turned out, I wore it on Saturday with some grey leggings and I think I looked pretty cute! It feels nice every once in awhile to make things for myself!

2 comments:

Rowena said...

Your stuff is so cute.It makes me want to take up sewing and start going to thrift stores again and all sorts of stuff... but I've promised myself not to take on too many different projects (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.)

I guess I'll just look at your projects.

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

wow - cute dress!!
glad you've enjoyed decluttering your life so much - i really need to follow your lead as my "stuff" is starting to spread out all over the house :0(