Friday, September 26, 2008

Change of Pace

All Farmer's Market season I have been go go go! Well, I'm tired. I'm tired of sewing. I'm tired of my home being a cluttered mess, because all I have been doing is sewing. I'm tired of not feeling like the best Mom. I am just plain tired. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed this summer, I enjoy sewing, I enjoy selling my wares at the Farmer's Market, I enjoy having extra money to play with, I just need a break.



I hope I don't sound like I am complaining, I just need to share this with you, so I feel more of a commitment to actually take a break. I tend to put more on my plate than it can fit. Which is horrible, I tend to be stressed out, I have anxiety, sometimes I get heart palpitations because of it. Sometimes I feel like I am going to have a heart attack. I need to slow down.





I have decided to not finish the rest of the Farmer's market season, I feel a little guilty about it, (I don't really know why, it is just a hobby for me) but it has slowed down since school started, plus the time for art shows has begun. And I will limit which of those I do.



I need time to clean my home, to bake things, to read a book, to read with my children, to roast marshmallows in the canyon with the fall colored leaves, to turn on loud music and dance with my children, to do other crafty projects that do not involve sewing, to have more family time, to take better care of my yard, to do nothing, not necessarily in that order, but all things I feel like I haven't had enough of.


Did I mention that I have eaten six Snickerdoodles while I typed this?
They are delish.
Here's the recipe because I couldn't find it on the Martha Stewart website.
It came from the Martha Stewart 2005 holiday cookies magazine.
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbls. sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside. Put butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the eggs. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture.
2. Stir together the cinnamon and the remaining 2 Tbls. sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into 20 (1 3/4 inch) balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Space 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until the edges are golden. 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.
The only thing I do differently is make a little bit smaller balls and it makes 36 cookies for me.
Enjoy!

1 comments:

* elizabeth * said...

good for you to take charge. And those cookies look fab!