Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rethinking Breakfast

I have decided that I do not want to buy boxed cereal anymore. It is full of sugar and preservatives and is expensive. Plus, like an hour after my kids eat it, they are hungry again.


We still are getting rid of the last of the boxes in our food storage, but after that NO MORE!

My children freaked out a bit when I told them, but they will get over it, who doesn't enjoy a good breakfast? (Although now I can't hang out in bed in the morning, I have to actually get up and make our meal, I guess that means I have to go to bed at a decent time too.)


My favorite muffins to make are Banana Muffins


They are easy to make, they are made with half white flour and half whole wheat flour, (always a plus in my book if you can make it with wheat), and they are always devoured by my family. I doubled the recipe, which made 36 for me. These freeze very well so that I can have something ready to go if I have one of "those" mornings when I don't have time to make something for breakfast.

3 comments:

* elizabeth * said...

Our favourite breakfast around here on these cold mornings of late has been oatmeal with this year's jam stirred in. yum! We're trying to move away from convinience breakfat, too. I try to make a ton of belgian waffles to freeze, but the Aunt Gemima keeps sneaking in.
And Nutrigrai bars are too tasty.

Jessica and Tim said...

Tim and I are starting to phase out the sugar cereals, too. We're still gonna get the grape nuts, raisin bran, stuff like that. I think Tim is having more withdrawals than I am. I like healthier cereals more anyway.

Becky J. said...

hey amy. just as a little treat, i throw in some chocolate chips!! yummy!!!