Wednesday, January 28, 2009

February Block for me!


February is my month in A Notion or Two.
I decided to get a bit of a head start so I don't get too busy and forget.
I have collected a very large amount of vintage linens that I have wanted to make a quilt out of for awhile now. I have to admit I had a really hard time cutting some of them, I'm a bit of a hoarder. But I think the end result will be really fun, and it's going to be my picnic quilt. Too bad it's going to be cold for awhile still, I guess by the time it gets finished it will be closer to picnic season :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited - I have never sewn with vintage sheets before and can't wait to hear your block ideas!

Dee Light said...

Doesn't a picnic sound fun. Your quilt is going to be wonderful.

Unknown said...

love your collection! How fun to be able to sew with them :)

Becky J. said...

cute stuff amy. i might even have some of those too.

poppyart said...

This is all very lovely, your shop is inspirational and I love the close-together scraps. Should I abandon my 'linen-in-between-plan'? decisions, decisions!! Bridget

TheBackPorchQuilters said...

I am ready to get started!!! At first I thought this was going to be boring but I can't wait to get another block each month!!!!

The Clegg Family said...

how do you get signed-up for a notion or two? let me know!

rachclegg(at)yahoo(dot)com

Amy said...

That's going to be a wonderfully colorful quilt. Good luck!