Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm really still here


So, it's been awhile since I posted. I have been busy and trying to cut my time back on the computer, because the internet seems to have this capability to suck my time away.
I made my new kitchen curtains and a table runner! I love them!

We celebrated Kinsley's birthday on Sunday with Family. She has turned into this awesome reader, She recieved tons of books, and I made her a new bag to take to the librairy. She turned 9, I can't believe I have a 9 year old, I guess that's what happens when you have your first baby at age 20!

I made my very first cake from scratch, icing and all. (Don't look too close, the icing is oozing off one of the sides) For those of you that know me or have been reading for awhile, that might be a shock because you know that I worked as a cake decorator for years and years. I have decorated probably thousands of cakes. But until Kinsley's birthday I had never made a cake from scratch, and let me tell you, IT WAS THE MOST DELISH CHOCOLATE CAKE I HAVE EVER EATEN, if I do say so myself!
Oh, and it wasn't just me that loved it. Casey's grandfather said that I did a damn fine job with the cake, which made me smile! And my brother said it looked like the chocolate cake from the movie Matilda. (I love that movie by the way) Which I took as an awesome compliment because that cake looks delish, well it looks delish until you see the cook that made it and she wipes her nose all over her arm, but anyways. Homemade birthday cakes here on out!

I have also been sewing alot! I have a ton of shows coming up, and I am determined to be more prepared for the Farmer's Market this summer, I know it's still February but hey, I have to plan ahead!




6 comments:

dana said...

Hilarious that this was the FIRST cake you've ever made! I was a little confused by that at first, yes.

Great curtains and table runner. I'm pretty sure your whole house is adorable. Do a home tour on your blog some day :).

amylouwhosews said...

The curtains look awesome! And I love your green table. I've been toying with the idea of painting my table green. Did you do that yourself or buy it that way? I think I'm going to go the spray paint route.

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

yummy looking cake!
your daughter is beautiful - happy birthday to her x

Dee Light said...

Happy BDay to your little cutie! I hear you about the internet, I can waste the day away looking around. The cake looks super yummy, and yes homemade is the best!

Jessica and Tim said...

I can't believe that I walked into the kitchen and never saw your curtains. I'm such a failure as an observer. They look so good from the pics though. And I'll confirm that your cake was awesome. I loved every bite and didn't share with Chet at all. (He had a cupcake lest you think I'm a selfish mom!)

Anonymous said...

happy bday to your daughter. . she is beautiful.

i love your curtains and table runner . . . thanks for posting a pic. i was curious what you would do with the fabric/tablecloth (from a previous post0.

yes, the internet . . . a time sucker for sure . . . i admire your discipline to take a break from it.

happy sewing and happy spring!