Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Scrappy banner

If you are anything like me, you are always looking for ways to use up scrap fabric. I have always wanted to make some banners, but never got around to it until today. I needed something different, fast and easy to do. I don't know about you but I am ready for warmer weather, I have been in kind of a funk lately!
So easy! I cut about a 3 yard length of jute twine, dug through my fabric scraps and just cut strips to fold over the twine and sewed it on! I used a rotary cutter to cut my strips, but you wouldn't have to, I wasn't going for perfect, all the fabrics are different sizes, and I love the way it turned out, and it only took about half an hour from start to finish!


2 comments:

amy said...

i just made something like that last week to hang in penny's room!
so funny.
love the ways yours turned out!

* elizabeth * said...

I love it! That may be my next little -hurry-up-spring- project!