Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My current stash

I saw this Tell us about your stash on Sew Mama Sew and decided to play along.

Currently my stash lives in my bedroom, do you see the side of my bed on the left?

I dream of one day having a sewing room.



* What do you usually sew? Lots of things from purses to clothes, too much!


*When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? (i.e. If you see something beautiful, but you don’t have a use for it right away, how much do you buy?)

It just depends on what I think I'll use it for, anything from a fat quarter to a yard


*Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need?

Both, but usually when I go to find something I need I impulse buy too.


*Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it?

When I buy vintage fabric I wash it, but besides that no.


*Do you iron it? If it needs it


*How do you sort it? (color, print size, collection, etc.) some by color, others by collection


*Do you have any special folding techniques? no, just so it looks nice


*How do you store your fabric? On shelves mostly


*What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash? Not really I just buy what I like


*When do you say enough is enough? I don't think I know how :)


*What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects? I like to make purses, they use up both upholstery fabric and cotton.


*Do you have a current favorite print in your stash? Let’s see it! My current favorite is probably my Woodlands Animals fabrics by Jay McCarroll

*What’s your definition of the perfect stash?
One that you love!

3 comments:

dana said...

I should show this to my husband, so he doesn't get so annoyed with my stash room (which is also our kitchen nook). haah. He's actually a good sport about it all.

Unknown said...

I keep mine in a chest - out of site :) love seeing all the stacks of beautiful fabrics!

I meant to ask - How was Art Mart?

' said...

I love Jay McCarroll and his fabrics are awesome!

I could never take a picture of my stash because it's all over the house - wherever I could find room. Sad. Someday it'll all be in my work area - that is my dream.