Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My first {finished} quilt top


I finished a quilt top! I finished a quilt top!
Yesterday I was looking at my list of sewing projects to get ready for the show I'm doing this weekend, and I decided that I wasn't going to do any of them, ALL WEEK! I am tired of getting ready for shows and need a break, plus I have enough things.
So, yesterday I started this quilt for my Brother and Sister-in-law that are expecting a baby girl.
That in and of itself is a whole other story, basically they weren't supposed to be able to have kids, so this is a miracle baby, not that every baby isn't a miracle, but you know what I mean :)
It was so fast, and today I'm am going to make the quilt sandwich and possibly start quilting it!
I liked the idea of my first quilting project being a small baby quilt, I am very intimidated to machine quilt because I have never done it before. So wish me luck!
Oh! I was going to mention that it is the mixtape pattern from Oh, Fransson! which is an awesome pattern!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Woo Hoo! You go girl!! Congrats on your first finished quilt top! It really is exciting:)

Leslie said...

i love this quilt...the colors are awesome and it just looks great. I am going ot have to take a look at that pattern

Robyn said...

Looks great! I just bought that pattern recently and can't wait to make it.

Anonymous said...

this looks great! i just finished mine and it wasn't too bad...of course, i'm still not quite ready for stippling.