Friday, September 25, 2009

Sew and tell

I decided to jump in on amylouwho's sew and tell this week. I finished this bag up last night as a present for someone. I can't say who because I haven't given it to them yet. It is made from a yummy blue linen fabric, and then I appliqued a thrifted doily on the front. I love it, and I think I am in need of one now.

I also finished up these string pieced blocks for Sarah for a Notion or Two. I love the way these turned out, I think it is going to make an awesome quilt. They were fun to make too, I used this tutorial from Film in the Fridge.

10 comments:

Susan said...

amy, that bag is so adorable, i love it

Leslie said...

that is such a pretty bag. Your recipient is very lucky!!! The quilt blocks you have finished are beautiful...i am loving the color combination

allyn said...

i love the way you use vintage doilies. very creative. the dresses for your girls looked so cool. i also LOVE this quilt block and the way i turns out when you put them together.

amylouwhosews said...

Thanks for jumping in! I love the bag! And I'm afraid I might have to steal sarah's quilt when it's all finished. :)

Lauren said...

your idea with the doily is so inventive! i love it!

Amy said...

Thanks everyone!

She sews and scraps said...

I love your bag, my friend Angela made me some doilies to add to a bag and a pillow! I really want to also do one of those stringed peiced quilts, yours is beautiful!

Jessica said...

I love that bag and those squares are great! I was just looking at that tutorial earlier!

Melanie said...

That bag is really cute. I love totes.

You Are My Fave said...

The last comment was from me if you were confused.