Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A letter

Dear people who decided it was cool to steal from me,

It makes me sad that you think it is okay to steal from others. Not only does it hurt the people you steal from, but most of all it hurts you. It hurts your integrity. I take pride in the fact that I am an honest person and it makes me sad that others do not.

I am a stay at home Mom of three girls. Part of the reason I am able to stay home with them is because of the things that I make and sell. At times our family depends on the extra income I bring in to help pay for things we need. To me, my handmade things don't just represent the money it took to make them, they are made with my time, and lots of love. So when someone thinks it is okay to steal that away from me, it hurts.

I sincerely hope that one day you will realize the harm you are doing to yourself and others and that you can make it right.

That 's really all I have to say, I just needed to vent. Here is a good article about this.

~Amy

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry that someone stole from you. I like your letter. Its alot nicer than I would have worded it.

amylouwhosews said...

That's so lame. I'm SO sorry!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

So sorry to hear about that!! Try not to let it get you down. Your handmade things are awesome and that is something they can't take away from you!!

Becky J. said...

blah. i am sorry :( loosers. what happened? from the market?

* elizabeth * said...

Oh no! That sucks!

Susan said...

Phooey on them, big time. I know the feeling and the day someone stole an ANGEL I had made, I knew there were ugly people amongst us.

I'm sorry you are hurt. And I think you are being a lot nicer about it than I would be.

Do something nice for yourself today, please.

Jill said...

I'm SO sorry that you have been hurt by someone's awful choice! A year ago I had the SAME thing happen to ALL my copyrighted artwork...it forever hurt my heart...I even sold my business and put down my paintbrush...however recently I have come to realize that it is only giving my victory and power to the WRONG person...I'm picking up my brush again and climbing back in the saddle!!! The BEST defense I know!!! Keep creating- keep your sweet spirit- YOU will be the winner!! :)
Many Blessings!
Jill

dana said...

Sorry Amy.
I really hate this kind of stuff. Funny, Ashley on Lil Blue Boo just posted a similar thing yesterday. Maybe you have the same blasted poachers. LAME.

the mama monster said...

bummer! hopefully the perp will read this and feel badly about ripping you off. at least you can feel flattered in a way that your work is so cool someone wanted to copy you right?!

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

It sounds awful and intriguing at the same time. What happened? I hope there is some cosmic Karma in all this.

Unknown said...

Amy. More details please. As I don't want it to happen to me either! Doubledsgreenery@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Amy. More details please. As I don't want it to happen to me either! Doubledsgreenery@yahoo.com