Friday, October 30, 2009

Sew and tell

I'm joining in on Amy's sew and tell this week! I am always sewing something :)
Here are some of the things I have been working on this week. Above are some Bird Cage Christmas ornaments, I love these, I made some for myself last year. The backs of them are vintage linens, and besides the cream fronts, the fabric for these came out of my scrap bag, which I love, I need to use up those scraps!

I have been slowly working on a quilt for my youngest Sage. I had my kids pick out their fabrics from my stash months and months ago for their new quilts. I feel bad it has taken me this long, but what do you do? I especially feel bad because Sage (who is 5) has never had a bed sized quilt of her own. What kind of a Mom am I? :) Stay tuned for the finished quilt though, I love, love all the fabrics each of my girls picked out, they are going to be so cute.

I also finished a batch of girls purses. That mushroom one is my fave. I am getting ready for all my holiday shows coming up. They start up next weekend!

18 comments:

Anna said...

The bird cages are super sweet. I love the bags, too! What a cute idea. My girls might actually like something like that! (I can't do much convincing of wearing dresses or skirts). Oh well...
Good luck with your craft shows, I have one tomorrow.

ps, I love your ticket tags, super idea.

Debi said...

You have been busy! I'm sure the girls will adore the quilts no matter how long they take. Can't wait to see them al finished, the fabrics look lovely.

Susan said...

Oh, super cute bird ornies, Amy, how clever! Love the bags, too and I had to go back to see the tags, adorable! It's the little things like that that get my attention when I'm shopping.

The fabrics for the kids' quilts look great and fun to work with. (That always helps, right?) lol

tara said...

Wow, you were busy. Great purses.

Rene' said...

I really like your bird ornaments. Very cool that you were able to use your scraps with vintage linens. Cute purses and like that you let your daughters pick out the fabrics for their own quilts. Enjoy the weekend.

amylouwhosews said...

You must be a marathon sewer! I love the little oranaments! SO cute. and the bags, adorable! Looking forward to seeing the quilt.

Thanks for always sharing!

Leslie said...

wow these are amazing. i love the mushroom bag...and those little ornaments are so fun! great idea for using up scraps

Heather said...

What great projects! Looks like you had a very busy week!

Don't feel too bad that you haven't finished a bed quilt for your daughter yet. I'm slowly working on the first one for my oldest son, and he's 22 years old! lol No matter when you finish, they will love them to pieces. ;o)

poppyart said...

i love your birdcage idea. they look so great... i have jsut seen brilliant birdcages on ikea fabric.. maybe a cushion to match?

Lesly said...

Love love love those birdcages! Are they ever sweet!

Nina... said...

You've been busy, and with three little girls, too! Wow! The little bags are adorable. Great Job!

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

I love those little Christmas ornaments; so cute!

Your girls sure have good taste in fabric:-)

an encourager said...

Anything with birds on it causes me to tweet with happiness. Darling ornaments!

Jocelyn said...

How very cute!

Unknown said...

You are such a busy bee! I love those ornaments :)

Breenuh said...

Wow, those birdcage ornaments are super cute! Very creative use of scraps :.)

Catherine said...

Love those birdcage ornaments, such a good way to use up scraps. I can't believe you've made all those bags as well! Such a busy beaver.

jen said...

i love those adorable bird cage ornaments! :) so sweet.