Thursday, October 22, 2009

skirts, skirts, skirts.

I've been making lots of skirts, I think they are one of my favorite things to make and wear.

I made this one for me out of Amy Butler's Love using this tutorial with a few modifications. I've already worn it twice, I love it.



This skirt I made this morning before I had to pick Sage up from school. It is for Christmas. Yes I am thinking about Christmas. I have decided that the couple hours I have while Sage is at Kindergarten in the morning will now be dedicated to Christmas crafting.


I love this little mushroom skirt! The whole thing was inspired by the red and white scalloped trim on the bottom that I purchased from Stephanie of Stephmodo.

She sells her beautiful finds (usually from France) in her etsy shop.

By the way if you haven't followed their restoration of a beautiful french cottage La Maisonnette, you should go check it out, it is amazing. I want to stay there at least once in my life.

7 comments:

Susan said...

oh, i love that amy butler skirt, super cute.

the mama monster said...

i can't wait to get my hands on some love. both skirts are darling but the mushroom skirt is to die for. i have 3 boys so handmade clothes are harder to make but man i wish i had a girl to make a mushroom skirt for. hmmmmm maybe a mushroom tote? love it!

Rosie said...

This skirt looked absolutely darling on you the other night. I would love to make a skirt like this--any suggestions? I like how it doesn't have the bottom layer like the tutorial, I am too short for something that long.

I am excited to see your show and tell at Spark. It was nice to meet you!!

Rosie

sarah said...

love the amy butler skirt, inspring...i have so much amy butler fabric sitting in my stash b'coz I don't have the guts to cut it up!

mamafox said...

Love the skirts. Nice work mama!

amylouwhosews said...

I love them! I also like the 2 layer look of the Amy Butler skirt. Maybe that's what I need to make with my AB Belle and Lotus stash.....

I'll go with you to France to stay at La Maisonette!

Stephanie said...

Amy, I love what you did with the trim! I was impatiently waiting to see what fun thing/s you would do with the vintage French trim. I'm excited to see what else is up your sleeve. This toadstool skirt is fabulous! But then again, you know I love toadstools :)