Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy freaking Thanksgiving :)

So, yes Thanksgiving was yesterday, and yes I should be in bed because I got ZERO sleep last night, but I can't seem to get myself to go to bed.

Just thought I would share a little rundown of the events that transpired for our family on Thanksgiving.
We always have a few places to visit on Holidays, so we head out for our first stop, get on the freeway and our van won't shift. It is stuck in 2nd gear or something. So, we turn around to go back home and get our car instead. Then head out again (although a bit more squished with pies on laps and such) talking about how we had a good run with our van (that was given to us) and how is seems to be time to start car shopping, not fun, but oh well!

We made all of our visits, all across the valley, get home, have a nice evening at home, a nice Thanksgiving day besides the vehicle troubles.

Casey and I get ready for bed, Casey says he isn't feeling the best, we go to sleep, he wakes up about midnight puking. Whenever he does that I wake up because he is so stinkin loud :) He comes back to bed and about 2 am he gets up to puke again, then lays in bed but doesn't go to sleep and keeps getting up and down puking and having severe abdominal pain. At about 3 am he is sitting on the loveseat in the most pain I have ever seen him in before, we decided to go to the ER where they gave him morphine which helped and they take him to get a CT scan. Well, at 7:30 this morning Casey had to have his appendix taken out, and he is still at the hospital right now because they wanted him overnight because he has a higher risk of infection because of his diabetes. His surgery went well, and he is feeling alot better. It's crazy though.
It was so cute when they brought him in his room after surgery, he was so drugged up. The guy that brought him in asked if he knew who was sitting in the chair waiting for him. Casey, in all his drugged up grogginess looks over at me and says "that's my beautiful wife" (he doesn't even remember)

After I put the kids to bed I went up to the hospital to say goodnight and we decided we were starving, I went out and asked the nurse if the cafeteria was still opened, it wasn't, but she said there might be some sandwiches she could round up for us. Minutes later she comes in with some sandwiches and Casey and I had the funnest time eating hospital sandwiches in his room. We made jokes about making sure to cover up "his gun" as one of the nurses called it so she could check his incisions. We talked about the craziness that this year has brought us ( Casey said it has sucked) I asked him if he has still been happy through all of it and we both agreed that it has been a crazy year, but a happy year. Right now, I am feeling so grateful for all the blessings that we do have. Sure, we have had some crap to deal with this year, probably more than our whole marriage, but I am so grateful that I have had my best friend with me through all of it, and that we are still just as happy or even happier to be together than when we first were married a little over 8 years ago.

And I am happy that he gets to come home tomorrow where I can take care of him and our children. And I love that we can have a blast eating hospital sandwiches together especially while making jokes about "his gun"

And now I will go to bed finally, and I even get to sleep on the "sweet spot" in the middle of the bed because I don't have to share with Casey. Goodnight. And goodnight Casey, I am glad you are no longer in pain and are healing, I Love You.

And with that, I will again say Happy Freaking Thanksgiving, it is one that our Family will never soon forget.

13 comments:

Karen said...

Wowee!!! What an adventure you have had. These things tend to bring us closer together in such a special way. I hope he is a good patient for you. Enjoy the 'sweet spot'.

SEWButterfly said...

WOW! What a freaking Thanksgiving! ;D
Hoping your nursing experience is a good one! ;D

amylouwhosews said...

Wow!! What an eventful day! I had my appendix out last year and I tell you, it's NO fun. Such a relief once they get it out. That week I spent on the couch recuperating was when I got serious about blogging! I mean what else was I supposed to do!?

Get well Casey!

Katie said...

I'm glad Casey is doing well! Hopefully next Thanksgiving will be more peaceful! :)

Anna said...

sounds like a crazy day. I love your new header by the way. :)

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Oh my!! What a freaking day (and year) you have had. I sure hope he gets well soon!

April and Jared Fenn said...

I'm so glad that I ran into you at Costco so that I could hear the whole story from you. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you guys.

nichole said...

sounds like a crazy day/year!

i wish happiness and health on your family... and in the mean time, let me know if I can help with ANYTHING!

Matson Family said...

Girl, you make me laugh. I am so sorry to hear about Casey but glad he is now out of pain. I love the story of "my beautiful wife." He was out out and that was a good subconscious test. He won. :) I am loving your blog and your new header. I think I already told you that. We will be in touch. See you tomorrow.

* elizabeth * said...

Oh my Lord! What an ordeal! I'm so glad you can look at the bright through it all htough, haha! Happy thanksgiving!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

oh my goodness Amy - poor Casey and poor you - i hope he's a good patient and heals fast.

dana said...

WOW! So crazy! I'm glad it worked out in the end. But you're right....a year you'll always remember!

dana said...

p.s. LOVE the new blog header. Very cool