Thursday, January 28, 2010

Feeling grateful

These pictures are unrelated to this post, but a post needs a picture, right? These were taken at the Spark photo booth and I felt a little dorky getting my picture taken all by myself :)
Today I am grateful, for alot of things really, I needed to write them so I can remember. First, I will tell you a story. I have been a bit stressed lately, and then, this morning, I walked into our storage room and I hear the drip drip dripping of water. Now, I will explain that last night, Casey was checking our our kitchen faucet because it has been leaking, in the process, he had to shut the water off to the sink, which apparently our really old pipes did not like :) Hence the dripping into the basement, YAY! So I immediately called Casey and of course I started crying because that is what I do when I am stressed and something crappy happens. I shut off the water and wait for him to get home to fix it. Well, of course it can't be an easy fix, it ended up being more than what was first thought (that is what happens when you have an almost 100 year old house) , and I have a husband who doesn't know much about fixing things, he can usually figure it out, but we ended up calling my Dad after Casey admitted defeat. I am happy to report that it is all fixed now, and I am still in my pajamas because the water has been shut off most of the day, so I couldn't shower :) And I ask why in the world when things feel crappy, is that when it feels like everything goes wrong? I guess we need to have the not so fun things to realize what we are blessed with. So there is my story (if you really were interested) and now, without further adu, here is what I am grateful for today:
* my husband
*my Dad
*family
*running water
*health
*being able to be a stay at home/work at home Mom
*red vines licorice (delish)
*my Mom's canned grape juice (also delish)
*the sunshine
*random hugs I get from my children
* it's almost the weekend!
And now dear readers, I would like to know what you are grateful for.

8 comments:

herlittlefeet said...

I feel your pain re; plumbing. I once flooded my dad's house 6 days before Christmas. Forgot to have the swamp cooler winterized. It was BAD!! I am thankful for the beautiful, sunshiney day we had today, my 4 georgeous grandkids and being able to spend the day with 2 of them. Being able to sew daily (if I want). Having a wonderful family and friends. Have fun and enjoy the sun while it lasts!

Kersey said...

I too had a "melt down" of sorts this week and my husband came to the rescue. I am grateful for:
-my husband
-my son
-also being a work at home mom
-color
-white chocolate
-a clean bedroom (thanks again hubby)
-tomorrow is payday
-my apartment
-trials!

Kersey said...

p.s. I love your photo strip. I think everyone needs to do things like that on their own every now and then. Going to the movies alone is one of my favorites.

Debby Brown said...

I felt your pain earlier this week with heavy rains and a stream that aimed itself straight toward my house.

Gratitudes:
-no damage to foundation
-most of the driveway was saved
-we weren't badly injured by flying debris
-rains ended a day early
-a fun weekend planned, quilting with the girls

* elizabeth * said...

Aaah! I'm grateful to know I'm not the only one who needs to just crack sometimes at all the pressure, haha! When the going gets tough, the tough sometimes just have to cry for a minute. Then we have to put on our big-girl panties and get down to business, haha! Glad everything is fixed now!

Debi said...

You are right... sometimes we need the bad things to remind us of the good things! Thanks for the reminder! Today I am greatful for the my family (who never fail to make me smile), sunshine, woodstove fires, paid sickdays and weekends!

Becky J. said...

that is so crappy. i hate those days...but then would we really appreciate the good ones? thankful for-- blog friends, little munchkins i get to stay home with and teach :) honey who stayed home and cleaned the kitchen for me, going shopping with some friends and finding some cute fabric.

amylouwhosews said...

I've been feeling like this too - ever since we got back from our long trip and haven't quite found our home groove again.

I am thankful for snowy days that keep me inside, naps, and a baby on the way. :o)

Next time I come to Utah, we need to go fabric shopping together! Or I need to come to one of your shows and buy up all your stuff!