Sunday, June 6, 2010

altered half slip for me and trades

Hanging out in Orem/Provo yesterday I purchased this cute flowery dress.
Like alot of short dresses, it was a bit too short for me. I usually will wear leggings or pants with a dress like this.

This morning before we headed out to our niece Hallie's blessing, I decided that I wanted to alter this half slip that I had picked up at the thrift store a couple weeks ago.
So I cut strips of muslin for ruffles and also added thrifted lace. So now I have a cute slip to wear under any dress that needs to be just a bit longer.


I traded for a few fun things at the Bijou Market yesterday too! These earrings are from
MD Sparks, I love her earrings! I got one other cute pair too.




And I got this cute crochet flower clip from Emily Sparks.
Trading is always fun!


3 comments:

Alison said...

Great idea for making a short dress wearable. Love the earrings as well

becky said...

i love trading!!! wish i was there. i heard it was a great show! i totally missed out. :(

Jennifer said...

It looks like you had so much fun and Ilove trading - what a glorius day! I trade with friends who own shops - I make cards or find vintage and antique items - they either buy from me or we trade - I've been doing ir for 12 years. I love your post and the things you make are terrif! Jennifer peek in jennsthreegraces