Friday, July 23, 2010

A dress for Sage

Instead of starting a batch of pillowcase dresses this morning, I made this dress :)
I altered a pattern I had so that it would work how I wanted it to.


It was quick and easy which is my kind of project. I think it turned out so cute! I love the contrast of the mustard colored fabric to the green binding and the turquoise flower.
I've felt a bit in a crafting funk lately. I haven't felt like starting large batches of things so this dress was a perfect thing to do this morning. I'm just hoping this crafting funk goes away soon, I have shows coming up!
Check out all this weeks sew and tell posts at amylouwho!

12 comments:

trish said...

Oh how precious! And I love your color combinations. :o)
Have a great weekend.
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Lesly said...

What a cute dress! I love that fabric and colour combo!

Leslie said...

this is absolutely adorable.

Pokey said...

The colors-work! I say it's amazing what happens when you reach outside two standards, and throw in a splash of fun.

Andrea said...

Colours are brill,looks like a fun and quickie to make. I love instant gratification projects. Andrea

Mandy said...

So cute!! I love the colors!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Love your work and I hope the success of this project sparks your next creative phase!

Larri said...

Adorable! Sometimes I just need a little project to kickstart my sewing groove. Hope this one helped yours! Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

www.seamsinspired.com

the mama monster said...

i love the color combo! what is the yellow fabirc?

pinksuedeshoe said...

Gasp! LOVE that yellow, it is SO pretty!

Stephanie said...

I'd love, love, love to see you sell these!

Lani Robertson said...

i LOVE this dress...the colors are wonderful! i haven't done any sewing in a long time, but after seeing this, i will have to break out the sewing machine! :)