Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Quilts, quilts, and more quilts!

I finished piecing this quilt top last night. This was a mystery quilt from the Patchwork Posse group I am a member of. As I was working on this quilt I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I am glad I finished it, it challenged me to do something I wouldn't normally choose to do, and I am absolutely in love with it, like big time in love! Plus look, it matches the outside of my house :)

I won a charm pack of Moda Oz from the same Patchwork Posse group and I immediately sewed them into a baby quilt. Which is now ready to be quilted, I think I am going to tackle that today. Why can't all quilts be as easy as baby quilts?


6 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

love them both! I love a nice easy baby quilt too!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

I just knew it in my bones that you would love quilting.

And look at the amazing quilts you are making!

herlittlefeet said...

Darling!!

Becky J. said...

oh my heck amy- what a speed demon! I love both-- especially though the mystery. Thanks for playing along!
http://patchworkposse.com

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

That looks awesome. I love the odd orange accents amongst the purples and brown.

June D said...

Very pretty - nice choices!