Friday, July 2, 2010

Recent thrift finds and inspiration

These are my thrift finds for the week, two vintage suitcases, an itty bitty chair, some fabric, ric rac, and laces. The suitcase are destined for mod podging and the chair I haven't quite decided exactly what to do with it yet, it will definitely see some paint and a newly covered seat.
I was at Walmart last night and saw this super bulky yarn, I bought it for Kinsley to play with but I can think of a few things to do with it too. And they had all these colors of gingham too that I also bought for Kinsley, but I think I may play with some of it today if I have time. I just love all of the colors.

I hope you have a lovely weekend, we have exciting stuff going on at our house this weekend, Jade is getting baptized tomorrow, she keeps telling me how excited she is, it's super cute.


5 comments:

poppyart said...

i can't knit... but seeing your yarn made me think of the knitting and stitching show at the alexandra palace here in the uk. they knitted with broomhandles and made the most sumptuous blankets. and tore off strips of fabric like you previous post on weaving.. and used that too. vey inspiring!

Anna said...

love the gingham. and I wish I could do more thrifting, I need someone to teach me the tricks - gotta call my aunt, she's a genius thrifter. :)

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

I love that ric-rack. How about orange had a link to some printable gift tags made up of images of such packets. I'm using them for all crafty presents at the moment.

poppyart said...

FINALLY posted about your lovely fabrics. have a look at what I made with some yesterday in a fit of productivity! Bridgetx

poppyartuk.blogspot.com

randi said...

that chair has some potential! add some bright color and it will look great! :)