Thursday, August 19, 2010

Shirts for me

I embellished this shirt today, it was super quick and I think it turned out super cute. The shirt I found on clearance at Target, and the quilt piece (which is hand pieced, I find that amazing) was given to me.

And this is a shirt I embellished awhile ago and I love it. All I did for this one was find some flower print fabrics from my stash that I thought would work and cut flowers out and a few leaves, and then I like to use Steam a seam 2 for appliqueing. I like it because it is sticky on both sides and can be repositioned before ironing. I had been looking for the perfect striped shirt for awhile, and one day walked into Rue 21 and they had ones like this for $5, perfect.
Two one of a kind shirts for around $10 is my kind of project!


5 comments:

Dawn said...

bah! i love the first shirt so much.

Susan said...

these are adorable!

the mama monster said...

very cute! i got that same shirt at rue 21 for $3! they had some other cute shirts with applique lace too.

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

LOVE those shirts! I totally need to do your idea of cutting out flowers from fabric to use as applique. Brilliant!

amylouwhosews said...

seriously adorable!! I have a shirt that just got ruined in the laundry and i was wondering if i could do something like this to salvage it. It was brand new too!!

(Can you tell I'm catching up on my blog reading tonight?)