Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today

I haven't felt like blogging much lately. I've been sewing things I want to, starting to deep clean the house, going through the kids clothes, also not feeling very motivated to do all those things, I have to force myself to do things. I think it's because it is so stinkin warm in our house, like 80 degrees warm, I don't function well at that temperature.
The kids wanted to make their own little "sandwiches" with tortillas and cookie cutters for lunch today. Good thing, cause our fridge is looking pretty sad and I need to go grocery shopping and that's pretty much all we had to eat anyways :)

I did make some extremely large peanut butter cookies which I may or may not have had two of for lunch with some milk :)
Sorry for the weird lighting in the pictures, our kitchen isn't the brightest in the day and with the lights on it makes for funny lighting for pictures.
My girls start school on Monday, Sage (my youngest) is starting 1st grade, so all three of them will be gone all day long. Seriously? When did my kids get so old? To be honest, I couldn't be more excited. Not that I don't love being with my girls, I just can't wait to have uninterrupted time to myself to get things done. Plus, I have always loved alone time, that's just how I am.
The other day, Sage was walking by and I asked her what I was going to do all day while they were all at school. She said, "Mom, you should get a job!" She cracks me up.
Now, I should go get ready for the day, I'm still in my PJ's and it is 2:20. I must get to the grocery store so I can make dinner :)

3 comments:

Debi said...

I have the same lighting issue in my kitchen. We only get good natural light early (before 9) in the morning. Those cookies look yummy and there is nothing better than cookies and milk for lunch once in a while!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Yum those cookies look good.

I want to see what you have been sewing!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

ooooh Amy enjoy you're time to yourself it's FANTASTIC!!! and it's so nice to see the kids after school even if they are grouchy!