Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A bit of honesty


To be honest, I haven't felt like blogging for a long time. There has been lots of singing performances for Jade, all my shows, plus the regular day to day stuff to take care of :) I haven't had the time for blogging, and second, I am having mixed feelings about blogging at the moment, I love it and hate it, at moments I feel like I am just talking to myself. It takes alot for me to put myself out there whether it be online or in person. But I love being connected to other crafty people like me too.

And if I am about honesty today, here is a picture of my living room right now. I have been so super busy for months getting ready for shows that I can barely keep up with everything else. Thankfully my last shows are this week and I am all ready for them, so I can finally play catch up and maybe even get a Christmas tree up :) Oh, and did I mention that we have to go car shopping? Fun right? ummmm no. Casey came home from work yesterday and said, the car smells like it is burning, I think it is the clutch. So we had it checked this morning and sure enough it is, and it will cost more to fix it than the car is worth :( So goodbye car, it's been a good 11 years that you have served us well. This time last year, we had to buy our van, I think it is tradition now, let's just go car shopping around Christmas time, it's the perfect time right? Ha, ha. Should I mention the bills we have from Primary Children's Hospital too? We had to take Sage for some tests, she has been having reoccurring bladder infections, and our doctor referred us to Primary Children's. All the tests we had to do look fine, they just want Sage on a low dose of antibiotics for awhile (which I am having mixed feelings about and I think they are starting to give her an upset stomach, poor thing ) and then we have to get her checked every month for 3 months, just to make sure she doesn't get one again. But we ended up having to pay most of the bills because we hadn't met the insurance deductible for Sage yet, and man, hospitals charge alot!

If you have even stuck around to read this, that's probably enough honesty for the day :)
Hopefully this hasn't been a downer post, I just really have nothing else to blog about at the moment, no exciting crafty project, I need a break from sewing sewing all day long :)
We really are doing good, I am grateful that Casey has a job and that I can make some extra money selling my things, and I love my family and am grateful for them.

Maybe I'll be back soon with pics of Christmas decorations!

21 comments:

Unknown said...

A living room that looks like my house! I hope that once things settle down you can figure out what you want to do. I hope your little one feels better soon...and good luck car shopping!

Lisa said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I took a picture of my living room today- I was going to post it too. TOO funny. But I understand. I have been sick and also trying to get a bunch of sewing commitments finished and then Sunday is my son's birthday and there is NO way anyone can come over with our house like this... I totally feel your pain. And our van is making noise and we are afraid it is the tranny- but it's a 2006 which means that we need to get at least 5 or 6 more years out of it...

Dr. bills- don't get me started. Aiiyee!

I have a feeling it's ALL going around. There is no NEED to blog. It will be there in a month or two or whenever things settle down. I never get on myself when I go a month or two without blogging.

Also- I LOVE your gold wall. SO CUTE- and warm.

Tricia said...

I have decided that December is the month for everything to fall apart, just so that we can see that a few things are still going right. December has proved to be the month for root canals and plumbers in our house.

Thanks for being honest, because we all have similar feelings at times. And by the way, it makes me so happy to see a sewing machine and serger on the coffee table.

Good luck with your shows.

Lisa said...

Ok- go check out my blog post. :0)

Kristena said...

I totally relate to this. All of it. I haven't been blogging and don't even know where to start. Good luck with all your shows, Jade!

Rosie said...

Hang in there! We all need to be honest occasionally! I love the serger and the yellow wall! It is so bright and cheery!

Cari said...

Girl, don't you feel bad for one second. We all have our priorities and if blogging isn't one for you right now, so be it. Sorry to hear about your little one. Fingers crossed all is well from now on. Thanks for sharing.

Debi said...

Your post isn't a downer... it's just honest! You have a wonderful sense of humor about all that's going on in your life right now. Hang in there and know that we're all pulling for you... and good luck with the car search!

A Time for Stitching said...

Don't be tempted to give up blogging when you feel like this - you may regret it when you feel better.
Btw There's nothing wrong with your living room, it just looks lived-in which is good IMO.
Teresa x

Anonymous said...

Just seeing the list of all the shows you've been doing makes me feel exhausted! Just wanted you to know that I love stopping by your blog!

herlittlefeet said...

Oh, you have been soooo busy. I put all of my crafting on hold at Thanksgiving. Poor Sage, try having her eat yogurt or take acidophilous for her tummy. My daughter had the same problem as a child. She would hold her urine and then get an infection. Also, try a glass of cranberry juice every day. It can really help. Good luck and have a wonderful christmas!!

Becky J. said...

ok .whatever on the living room scene. come take a look at mine- boxes! floor to ceiling..... can't even steal a moment of sewing or blogging without feeling the guilt. lol.
sorry to hear about those bills and cars.....sucks sometimes.
hang in there-- :)

tara said...

I hear ya about loving and hating blogging. I seem to talk to myself alot.
I have a feeling I will want to blog more when the seasons change.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

I suspect come the cold, cold duldrums of mid-February when all the many shows and craft fairs are behind you, you will be right back into the swing of things here in blogland!

Elissa said...

oh, i hope you keep blogging. i love stopping by here.. you have great pics and are so talented and a beautiful family!

i love your honest picture there and you have probably made a lot of people feel better with it.. me included :-) we have had a lot of recent medical bills too and i feel your pain. much to be grateful for, but i do feel sometimes like we can't catch a break!

merry christmas! really.

Debby Brown said...

Take time to take care of yourself, not just your family. If that means leaving the living room messy... cool. If that means a blogging break... cool. My daughter was on antibiotics for 9 years before her UTIs stopped. It can look so hopeless, but things eventually do get better. We finally paid off all of her medical bills, just in time for college.

Try to enjoy the season, even if it's only extra snuggling on the sofa watching Rudolph.

Sara said...

Well your living room looks like my dining room at this very moment ;) so glad to see I am not the only one who has rooms like this.It seems December has hit alot of us hard this year.
Sorry to hear about your daughter, I myself had major kidney and bladder problems growing up and even had required surgery, I wish they would have thought of low-dose antibiotics when I was growing up it would have been so much easier. Good luck car shopping hope you find just what you need and don't let all the yucky stuff get you down. Just think of all your many blessings :)

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

Refreshingly Honest! Take some time, slow down a bit and start writing again when and if you feel ready. I'll still be here reading along anyway.

* elizabeth * said...

Honesty! Thank God! If I read one more perfect little post about a totally natural,handmade, glorious, deep Christmas in a peaceful natural home with children who sing to each other and never fight.... I might throw up. I want to see piles of laundry to make me feel connected, hahaha!
I so get your blogging dilemma. Sometimes, the mood just isn't right.
So sorry to hear about Sage, but glad the tests came back okay. And car trouble always sucks. But it's the most wonderful time of the year, truly. Family and time to snuggle up makes that. Toss the rest aside.You're in my prayers. xoxo

Kitten's Lost Her Mittens said...

Cute photo of Jade! Also, your living room looks cozy and colorful, so I wouldn't worry about it. Hope you keep blogging, I always enjoy seeing what you're up to!

amylouwhosews said...

I hear you! This is how I've been feeling lately too and that's how most rooms in my house look! Glad I'm not alone! xo