Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blahbabty, blah, blah, blah


This picture really has nothing to do with this post except that I needed something to laugh at, and this has got to be one of my favorite pictures ever. Jade, in the cow costume was saying moo, and apparently knew how to milk a cow :)
It was taken in 2006 at the Children's Museum , man my girls are little in this picture, they grow up so fast. Anyways...

Do you ever have what seems like a million things to do, but you wake up and know instantly that none of it is going to get done?
That is me today. And I hate it.
Yesterday I woke up with a sore throat, so I gargled some water with cayenne pepper in it, which works awesomely, and I will continue to do that until my throat no longer hurts. But last night I also started having what I can only describe as a pinched nerve in my back. Every once in awhile it happens to me and it makes it very painful to turn my head or really do anything. Basically it sucks, and all I can do is wait it out. If I was rich I would try going to an acupuncturist , but I don't have the funds for that. So instead I am using some essential oils and taking it easy today and probably for a few days. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks for me to get totally back to normal :( I even remember having this happen as a child.

Too bad I just finished reading the Hunger Games series of books, which by the way was awesome, and I can't wait until the movie comes out. I'm kindof at a loss as to what to do today, I am so use to being busy busy all the time that when I can't really do much, I don't know what to do. (that sounds funny)
Does anyone have any suggestions of books to read, or any good movies? Maybe I can send Casey to the library later today. I can probably get him to cook dinner too :)


5 comments:

julie said...

Just read The Happiness Project - a quick and easy read. Hope you feel better soon.

Sharon L said...

Sorry you feel so bad!! Get better soon! Totally familiar with the pinched nerve - keep it stable is the best advice I have.

Julie said...

The Happiness Project... yes... it'll set you up for a wonderfully doable and accountable year...

I'm hoping spring comes soon so everyone in our house can get over all of the sickness that seems to be lingering this winter season... blah!!!! Feel better soon... tea always makes me feel better ;)

I LOVE your blog!

Becky J. said...

ice always helps {on the spot that needs it}
books--my new love is robin maxwell she writes historical books...all about strong women. real stories with holes in history that she fills. love them! i'm on my 3rd book now. hope you get better soon!

Unknown said...

Love your homey style. I, too, am fabric obsessed, but only neckties. don't know exactly why. All that sewing puts my back out too. Have you tried a yoga ball? A giant inflated rubber ball you stretch over front and back and just let everything go limp. I'm not into yoga but oohhh that stretching puts everything back where it goes;-) I'm afraid my reading faves are mostly sci-fi but Madeline L'Engles A Wrinkle in Time is the best read-aloud. Hope the ball trick works as well for you as it does for me.