Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Seventy cents

So, today I purchased these doilies for 70 cents, it totally made my day, there is something like 83 doilies.
Less than a penny a piece, I am such a nerd to be so happy over doilies :)
So, I know I haven't been around here much.  I have been busy getting ready for upcoming shows.
Plus our family has had alot of stressful things going on for the past few months and I haven't felt in the best of spirits the past few weeks and didn't want that to spill out here.  Everything is okay, I have just been super stressed and worried, and I start crying easily which makes me feel super lame.  I guess I am just human.
I do have to say that I am super super grateful for such supportive family.

I have had something to look forward to though.  Next week my Mom is taking me and my sisters to the Mall of America for a shopping spree!  I am super excited to get away and have fun going shopping with money that is not mine :)
It is a much needed break that is coming at the most perfect time.
It is also the first time I will be away from Casey and the kids for more than a day, it will be interesting to see what state the house will be in when I return :)

6 comments:

Jenny Rodriguez said...

So many fun doily ideas out there right now - do you have a plan for them?
Enjoy your break - all moms need them!

oh, jenny mae said...

i never get doilies b/c they're so expensive!! that is awesome!!

hugs to you.

Becky J. said...

i love cute and cheap! lucky girl- doilies + more shopping.

A Time for Stitching said...

Wow, they were a real bargain. I saw in a magazine recently where doilies were stiffened and hung together like a mobile and it looked really good. You could do so many things with these - would love to see what you come up with!
Teresa x

Sharon L said...

Such a tremendous purchase!! Some will look greats as accents on some of your work. Happy to hear you'll be getting such a wonderful break. Have Tons of Fun!!

Margret said...

wow, that is a bargain. The op-shop here is selling them for a dollar each! so I wait till I find them elsewhere.
I hope the just behind the surface tears are subsiding.
Enjoy your shopping trip!