Monday, May 16, 2011

Yep, it's turning into a food blog
























It's not really turning into a food blog, not that that would be a bad thing.  This was my delish lunch, I was trying to figure out what I wanted to eat, and this Jicama I got in my Bountiful basket was staring at me.  I have never tried Jicama before, so I googled Jicama recipes and found this one.  I am so glad I tried it, cause, YUM, it just tastes so fresh and crunchy, and YUM!  Now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of the Jicama, cause that thing was huge and I still have half of it left.

Things I did over the weekend:  
I went to the Blogger's quilt market meet-up.  It was fun, but really hard for me to put myself out there, I am so shy, it was a good thing I knew some people that came, it helped.  Maybe I will share the one pic I have of the whole thing if I can convince myself that my face doesn't look fat.

We cleaned up our yard a bit, it looks alot better, but there is still alot of work to be done.  We really need to get our garden planted, but I look at all the weeds and feel overwhelmed.  

We have finally started to have nice spring weather here and I couldn't be happier, it makes me really want to finish getting the yard cleaned up and the patio cleaned off and to eat every meal outside.
How was your weekend?


2 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

that salad looks delish!

That is so cool you went to the meetup! I wish I had been able to come out. Any chance you are going to Sewing Summit? I'll be in town for that.

PS - I'm SURE your face doesn't look fat!

Sharon L said...

Sounds like it was an awesome time!! By the way, clicked on your link to "Bloggers quilt market meet-up", saw a pic of you and your face is not even close to being fat!! Com'on now there woman!