Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A finished quilt top!

 Casey and I had fun today trying to get a good pic, it was a little windy :)

 Hey wait, why aren't you holding it up?

That's better.  
I am in love with this quilt already.  It has taken me forever to get around to finishing it up, I am hoping to get the back put together tonight so that I can get it sent to be quilted.  It is queen sized for our bed, yay!
Most of the blocks I received from members of A Notion or Two last year when it was my turn.  I pieced them all together with scrappy sashing, I love, love, love it!  I also won long arm quilting for it from The Back Porch Quilters back in December and I have been bad and taken forever to get around to it.

In other news:  
Casey and I purchased a new furnace today, so now all my shows this summer will get to pay for it :(
It will make our gas bill go down in the winter and will heat our house better, and we payed a bit extra to get a better filter, so it will filter the air in our house even better.  The guy that came today said that our furnace would be condemned, it was super old and falling apart, I figured it wouldn't be able to be fixed, I think it was about 30 years old.

That nicely weeded patch of dirt in the picture, is at this moment being tilled up and we will finally get a garden planted.  It has been super rainy and wet this year again, so I hope we can still get some yummy things from the garden.

This is the last week of school for the girls, they are excited for summertime :)
It will be fun to have them home, but maybe not so fun to hear some of their bickering sometimes :)

I think that's it for today, I am going to go figure out what plants we need to go purchase for the garden :)

4 comments:

Dana said...

that quilt is going to be AWESOME!!

muffintopdesigns said...

seriously - it is GORGEOUS. love the whimsy of it! xoxox

herlittlefeet said...

I am in love with your quilt! I especially love all the orange. Jayne

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! So cheery and cozy.