Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend

 I have been working on a quilt for Jade, over the weekend I finished cutting all the pieces out.  They are now organized so that I can quickly piece them together.   It will still probably take me awhile to get the whole thing made though, I have too many other projects to work on too.























A local quilt shop has awesome deals on their clearance fabric section every fifth Saturday, so I went to see what they had and I ended up purchasing 8 yards of fabric all at 60% off!  Not that I needed fabric :)

Casey and I went on a double date with one of his work friends, we ate at Joe's Crab Shack and went to see Crazy, Stupid, Love, which gave us a good laugh.

It is rainy here today, I like summertime rain, it smells delish.
How was your weekend?  Anything fun happen?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Summertime rain is my favorite smell! That and freshly cut grass!

Unknown said...

Just wish my fabric shops here did great clearence sections like yours!! Fab bags too!!
Karen

A Time for Stitching said...

Lovely pile of gorgeous fabric. And the quilt pile looks interesting. I hope it goes well and I look forward to seeing the result.
That's my fav smell too!! I can tell if I'm not looking that it's raining in the summer (I expect you can too) and one of my fav perfumes is called After the Rain!
Teresa x

Elissa said...

i always, always, always love the way you put fabric together. can't wait to see the quilt. i am trying to get back in sewing mode myself, finally attempting to make a quilt whose top has been done for close to a year!